Thursday, January 31, 2008

To the Fear-Strugglers...

With the new year, I sensed God impressing on my heart the words "Do not fear." In Genesis 12 & 15, the story of Abraham has been a gift to me related to my struggle with fear. Abraham was called to leave his homeland and go to the land that God would show him. So...he had absolutely no idea where he was going when he took God at His word! Then later, God says "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward."

Those are sweet words that I need to soak in and own. God is my protection and my reward and I am commanded to live without fear. May we, as a community of fear-strugglers, know so deeply that we are safe with God and that He is the ultimate treasure worthy of our pursuit. I'm trying to live with less fear this year and more faith in our King Jesus... how about you?

No comments: